Matrix Service Company Announces Appointment of New Board Members
TULSA, Okla., July 18, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Matrix Service Company (Nasdaq:MTRX) today announced the appointment of John D. Chandler and Martha Z. Carnes as new independent members of its Board of Directors. In connection with today's announcement, the Company also announced that long-time Board members Michael J. Hall and I. Edgar (Ed) Hendrix will retire from the Board and not stand for re-election at the 2017 Annual Meeting after serving on the Board for 19 years and 17 years, respectively.
John D. Chandler
John D. Chandler was appointed to the Board in June and has spent his entire career in the energy industry. John brings to the Board deep experience across the energy midstream markets combined with extensive financial leadership, investor relations and capital market skills, having served in key financial positions at large, publicly traded companies.
- John most recently served as the Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of Magellan GP, LLC, the General Partner of Magellan Midstream Partners LP.
- His earlier career also included leadership positions at The Williams Companies, Inc. and MAPCO Inc.
- John has also served as a Director and on the Audit Committee of Green Plains Holdings LLC, the general partner of Green Plains Partners LP, since June 2016; a Director for Cone Midstream GP LLC, General Partner of CONE Midstream Partners LP, since October 2014; and as a Director of USA Compression GP, LLC, the general partner of USA Compression Partners, LP since October 2013, where he also served as audit committee chair during his tenure.
Martha Z. Carnes
Martha Carnes was appointed to the Board in July and brings to the Board extensive expertise in finance, accounting and auditing across the energy and mining industries, developed during a career that spanned more than three decades at PricewaterhouseCoopers ("PwC").
- Martha retired from PwC in June 2016 after a 34-year career with the firm. There, she served as an assurance partner for large, publicly traded energy companies. She held a number of leadership positions including Managing Partner of the Houston office; as Energy and Mining leader in the U.S.; and as one of PwC's Risk Management Partners and U.S. representatives on the firm's Global Communities Board.
- Martha also serves on the Supervisory Board of Core Laboratories N.V. where she is currently chairman of the Audit Committee.
- She is chairman of the Governing Board of the Greater Houston Community Foundation, and has chaired their Compensation, Strategy and Finance & Administration Committees. She is also a Trustee at Texas Children's Hospital where she serves on the Audit and Compliance; Operations, Planning and Development; and Risk Management and Insurance committees.
"We are pleased to welcome John and Martha to the Board, and look forward to the extensive and diverse leadership and expertise they bring to Matrix," said Matrix Service Company President and CEO, John R. Hewitt. "We are confident they will add great value to our Board and look forward to their contributions as we continue to execute our strategy for growth and greater long-term value."
Hewitt continued, "We are very grateful to Mike and Ed for sharing their leadership and expertise over the years. Their sound perspective and strong counsel has been fundamental to the growth and development of our Company, and to building sustainable value for our shareholders. On behalf of the entire management team, I thank them both for their insightful leadership and support."
Mr. Chandler and Ms. Carnes both join the Board as independent directors, following a temporary increase in size from seven to nine members. The size of the Board will revert to seven following the 2017 Annual Meeting when Hall and Hendrix retire. Both Chandler and Carnes have also been appointed to the Audit, Compensation, and Nominating and Corporate Governance committees.
About Matrix Service Company
Founded in 1984, Matrix Service Company is parent to a family of companies that include Matrix Service, Matrix NAC, Matrix PDM Engineering and Matrix Applied Technologies. Our subsidiaries design, build and maintain infrastructure critical to North America's energy, power and industrial markets. Matrix Service Company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma with subsidiary offices located throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Sydney, Australia and Seoul, South Korea.
The Company reports its financial results based on four key operating segments: Electrical Infrastructure, Storage Solutions, Oil Gas & Chemical and Industrial. To learn more about Matrix Service Company, visit matrixservicecompany.com
This release contains forward-looking statements that are made in reliance upon the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are generally accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "continues," "expect," "forecast," "outlook," "believe," "estimate," "should" and "will" and words of similar effect that convey future meaning, concerning the Company's operations, economic performance and management's best judgment as to what may occur in the future. Future events involve risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially from those we currently anticipate. The actual results for the current and future periods and other corporate developments will depend upon a number of economic, competitive and other influences, including those factors discussed in the "Risk Factors" and "Forward Looking Statements" sections and elsewhere in the Company's reports and filings made from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Many of these risks and uncertainties are beyond the control of the Company, and any one of which, or a combination of which, could materially and adversely affect the results of the Company's operations and its financial condition. We undertake no obligation to update information contained in this release.
For more information, please contact: Matrix Service Company Kevin S. Cavanah Vice President and CFO +1-918-838-8822 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org